david lebovitz is an american chef living in paris who has a wonderful blog full of desserts, recipes and stories about where to find the best bread, or pastries gone awry. he was in texas recently and taught a cooking class at central market, which is my favorite supermarket place in austin. the staff knows their stuff, the produce is seasonal, they have stelline (teeny star pasta), a large Texas wine section, and the butchers are excellent conversationalists. beyond that, it just has good energy. the customers and staff are nice, the lighting is pretty, it smells like real food. so how delighted was i to see that david described CM as "the best supermarket in the world." whenever i find myself with an hour to kill downtown, i just head to central market and walk up and down the aisles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love CM with a passion. Over any other "grocery store". I dont even like calling it that because I feel like its so much more. Best bread selection ever, amazing wine selection, cheese selection is unreal..Its the best. One reason never to leave Austin. :) I miss it..
ReplyDelete