Wednesday, February 2, 2011

lovers will come

today when i walked in to school, a very cute bunch of very excited girls announced they had new names.. my favorite of which was 'rocketstars.' that's right, not rockstar. rocketstars.

me: V, are you ready to come to the kitchen for lunch?
V: no, but rocketstars is.
me: i apologize. rocketstars, please come to the kitchen for lunch
V: ok

when i was little (and today too) my favorite new name/title was Cynthia, queen of hearts castle. do you have one?

3 comments:

  1. It was "Cynthia, Queen of Hearst Castle." Trust me -- I was there and heard it "announced" hundreds of times. I think your performance was also videotaped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through two stages where I wanted a new name: Samantha (so I could be called Sam) and more randomly Emily Periwinkle. sigh, I guess I've always been strange.

    ReplyDelete