Friday, July 1, 2011

1,000

for my 1000th's post (on blondeintaiwan and coincidenceless combined), i'm going to share the secret to 65 years of marriage. this is part of a love letter my grandpa wrote to gram in 1948, 2 years into their marriage:


My very dearest sweetheart;
...
Jean honey I love you so very very much I just could hug and kiss you forever. I think we are more in love than anybody has ever been. Our lives just belong to one another, everything I do I think of you and I know you are always thinking of me because I feel you so close to me even when we are a thousand miles apart.

Please give Richie a lot of kisses and hugs for me and tell him I miss him. I'll call you tomorrow evening.

All my love always,
Len
Goodnight and sweet dreams darling
 

(editor's note: the picture at the top is of my grandparents and some of their neices and nephews, i think. the woman sitting in the chair is one of my great aunts. at that point, they only had one boy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment