Thursday, July 12, 2012
how to be alone
i got this from one of the other blogs i read and have watched it about three times since then. i really like the girl's voice. and the message.
i'm living alone now because the boy moved out of state for work, so i moved in to his house to keep it company until he comes back in november. my lease was up, so it seemed like the logical thing.
i've learned several things about living alone though. i've never lived without anyone else somewhere in the space. never had to take the trash cans to the curb or replace lightbulbs or singlehandedly handle paper jams that won't fix themselves. really trying hard to avoid scooping poop, but it won't scoop itself.
it isn't all bad though. episodes of the simpsons with the boy have been replaced with say yes to the dress and house hunters. there's always clean silverware, and no dishes in the sink. i never have to put the toilet seat down. no tiny black hair in the sink from beard trimming.
it's interesting to have two countdowns going though; one you want to go quickly and one you want to go slowly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi there Megan - It was so nice to return to blogland and find this post. It's so you...your old voice. I wonder if you realize what an amazing woman you are? It's a joy to watch you move through life, even if from a distance, and I'm really happy we were able to meet so I could have a face and voice to go with the words I read.
ReplyDeleteI've been AWOL lately simply because 2012 has kicked my backside, but now I've put a moratorium on any more bad happenings. Let's see if I can finish the year in fabulous Lily fashion!
M! No way! A boy? Clearly I've missed something. Sounds serious and you sound happy. I love being alone but I also like being with people. I'm social but I love my own company.;) It's a balance I find easy to maintain.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the house. A yard and tv all to yourself. Perfect.:) L