Monday, January 4, 2010

shakes and butterflies

gram had this poem in her jewelry box and it is too cute/old fashioned:
The Magic Hanky

I am just a little hankie, as square as can be;
but with a stitch or two, they've made a bonnet out of me.
I'll be worn home from the hospital, and on special days,
and then I'll be carefully pressed and neatly packed away.
Then on the Wedding, I have been told,
every well dressed Bride must have something old.
So what would be more fitting than to find Little Old Me,
a few stitches snipped and a Wedding Handkerchief
I Will Be!
And if per chance, it is a boy, someday he still will Wed.
So to his Bride he can present
the "Magic Handkerchief" once worn upon his head.

tonight i was on the metro with nirav and bec and we were chatting so i wasn't paying much attention. when they got off at their stop, i sat down in a seat next to this man. when the train started moving, for some reason i thought it was going back in the direction we came in, so i turned around and said 'oooh no!' to the guy behind me, assuming he was going to acknowledge the fact that we were headed in the wrong direction. he just looked at me like i was insane. ..and then i decided i must have just not been paying attention and i really was insane.
weird moment though. it's like when you wake up from a nap from 8pm and you think it's the next morning.

1 comment:

  1. hahahah!! i saw you turn around because nirav and i were trying to wave at you as the train went by. we figured you were flirting. =)

    ReplyDelete