Sunday, December 2, 2012

Goa

I'm sitting on a beachfront restaurant porch beside a shoulder-length haired hipster with an ironic mustache and neon Nike running shorts and his dreadlocked girlfriend, looking out at a family, decked out in tourist trap clothing, straw hats and oversized nikons hanging around their necks, being shown the beach by an Indian man dressed in ironed white pants and a white polo shirt, while the resident 3 legged beach dog hobbles by them.

Meanwhile I'm drinking fresh orange juice after a delicious banana pancake and reading a really wonderful travel book about India written by a sarcastic Australian woman who explains the idiosyncrasies of India perfectly. Waiting for JD to wake up so we can eat real breakfast since I only found 90 rupees in my early morning search around our hut, trying not to wake him up.



2 comments:

  1. I'm headed to India in Febuary! I'm so excited! What's the name of the book you are reading? I'm going to start hyping myself up with books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I would love any other suggestions!

    ReplyDelete