Well we're a little bit bummed to leave palolem but we've heard Kerala is also beautiful and not to be missed so we're packing up and heading further south. I'm wondering how hot it'll be since palolem is pretty toasty in the 90s or so. We brought all kinds of cold weather clothing but I've bought a few cotton tops for the beach.
Yesterday we lounged again all day and this time had grilled tuna BBQ on the beach. Very delicious. $8 for the two of us. JD has been drinking kings beer which is local Goan beer. I've stuck mostly to banana lassis. They also have lime soda which is fresh like juice with sprite mixed in and you can get it sweet or salted. I tried salted once but we prefer sweet. Locals giggle when I order sweet. Maybe only kids get it?
And we've eaten our weight in garlic naan. It's so cheap and filling and just delicious. And it's flakier than naan at home.
Last night we had a whole lot of fun chatting with three Brits. Two brothers and one other man. They're all from the Bristol area and had fun ribbing each other about town rivalries that went completely over our heads. One of the brothers works in programming and the other is a forklift operator at a brewery. The forklift one, forget his name, had a good chunk of his ear missing and he told us it had been bitten off by a lesbian on crutches apparently. Can't make that stuff up.
I explained what Facebook was to the third man, who's 55 and on vacation for 2 weeks. He told us about this brutish guy who has been conning people out of money at our cocohut complex and to stay clear of him. He said Brits are all about being gentlemen so he's embarrassed the guy is doing that.
Lunch and then we're on the move!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment